Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Fun of it All...

So, I've been debating....  Where do I start?  The say that all stories begin in the middle of an action.  Is that where I start?  What action do I choose?  I guess I chose with the debate of whether or not to start in the middle of an action.  Well, there's irony for you.  Is that ironic?  Who knows.  Do I fill you in on who I am or just pick up and go where we are from here?  Who knows?  Who cares?

I've been studying Greek.  Not by choice, but because I was made to.  Its been seven weeks now and the final is this Friday.  Then it ends.  Rest will follow (at least for two weeks).  We're expecting our fourth child this September.  Well, its my second, my wife's fourth which makes it my fourth too.  She's a little girl.  I don't mind telling you that.  I'm not sure how I feel about having a girl.  It seems like a lot more stress to have a girl than a boy.  I don't really have any proof of that.  It's just speculation.  I imagine that the first 12 or so years go pretty smoothly, though my step-daughter proves that wrong, and then puberty hits and girls get difficult, which every girl I knew in middle school proves right.  

Having children is scary.  I don't care what anyone says; its scary.  Why?  Because babies can die for no reason whatsoever.  You can do everything right and scary crap like that happens every day.  Its funny that the beginning of someone's life can make you suddenly aware of the fragility and finitude of life.  I mean, I know that its cliche to say that all you want is for your baby to be healthy, but really...  That is all that matters.  Nothing else matters.  You really don't care about anything else.  I just want a healthy baby.  I just want her to be okay.  Alright... And I want her to look like her mother because I make an ugly woman.  

Oh well.  Its late... again... I'm tired... again... Ah life in the Tired Kingdom where the work never stops and the sleep never seems to come...

No comments: