Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Some Scary Thoughts




I'm going to try and breath.  I need to make my way through this...  I really can't believe some of the things that I've heard tonight and the fact that people are lifting it up.  My question is when did attacking social workers and community organizers become acceptable politics?  Why attack people who work hard to improve their community?  Is this the leadership that the country needs?  Have we come that far to support the elite in so blatant terms?  How is this acceptable?

I'm about to have a daughter.  It's going to happen any day now.  Though, I am proud of the progress in the political arena that this country is making, I'm scared at what kind of example my daughter will be given and the state of this county...  Being a father changes everything.  It changes everything.  And people who want to spread messages of hate scare me perhaps only less than SIDS.  You know, Jesus stood looking down on Jerusalem and he wept...  I understand that a little more tonight.  I understand...  

No comments: