Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Grape Juice Spilt for You

Still... waiting.... for.... baby.... 

Man, I hate this part.  The doctor said any day now and I was hoping she meant, like, tomorrow.  I've even plowed through the school work and taken the requisite weeks off.  Now, I'm just sitting and waiting.  It's rough!

My poor wife, though.  She came down with an ear infection and I've selfishly been doing work.  My hope is to spend the rest of the day at this point caring for her and wrangling kids.  Went to 
church and said my prayers.  I've been praying more these days.  I suppose it is helping.




I found this picture of Isaac today.  Hard, so very hard to imagine that is what he looked like a little over a year and a half ago.  This is the same kid that decided to become sacramental and spill the brand new bottle of grape juice all over the 
floor in his own peculiar and messy version of the Lords Supper. I kept looking at this pond of sweetness that now formed under the frige thinking that perhaps God is trying to tell me something here.  I didn't know what but I had that unmistakable feeling of being told something.  Who knows....  Maybe it was simply, "Here is my grape juice spilled for you.  Every time you see a fruit fly in the kitchen remember its my fault!"

1 comment:

estaminet said...

God's telling you that her grace is messy. Just like toddlers. :)

Much love to you, the family, and the imminent baby. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Esta